Adult Ed Teacher – Minneapolis Adult Education
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job Title: Teacher, Adult Basic Ed (2023-2024) and Requisition ID number: 99420
Close Date: 11:59 PM on 05/01/2024
Organizational Unit: Adult Basic Education (10000002)
Site: Center for Adult Learning (0007)
FTE: Various; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Union: ABE Teachers (06)
Functional Area: Teaching
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. For more information, visit the job posting.
Provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. Use a variety of assessment strategies – diagnostic, formative and summative, to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. Rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship. May be required to work as a member of the campus STEM team to ensure quality integrated instruction across disciplines.
- Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements; knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
- Assess students’ developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
- Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
- Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Master’s or PhD preferred.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota teaching license other than short-call reserve teacher; or proof of pending approved licensure