Literacy Action Network Annual Adult Basic Education Awards
This year Literacy Action Network will honor students, teachers, managers, leaders, working and succeeding in Adult Basic Education. The awards will be given during the virtual 2022 ABE Summer Institute Conference in a special session on Thursday, August 18th from 3-4 pm.
To preview the nomination form prior to filling it out click on the Preview Award Nomination Form PDF
ABE Individual Awards
- ABE Teacher of the Year: Given to a teacher in an ABE program to recognize outstanding performance as a teacher.
- ABE Outstanding Learner: Given to a learner who has made a significant impact on adult literacy and has a powerful commitment to volunteer and lead peers.
- ABE Leadership: Given to an individual in the ABE field who demonstrates exemplary leadership, flexibility, or creativity in their ABE program.
- Todd Wagner Award for Outstanding Service and Achievement: Given to an ABE professional who has dedicated at least 10 years to the field and whose service has made a significant impact on their program, their region or the state.
Criteria for Individual and/or Group Awards
- Contribution of nominees is extraordinary and significant (i.e. creative, unique, innovative, persistent, original, effective and/or resourceful).
- Work exhibits high standards of quality and combined with quantity of the work, makes an impact on the literacy effort in a community or in Minnesota.
- Dedication is shown by the length of involvement or by a strong concentration of service.
- Nominee is currently active or has provided service within the past year.
Nomination Requirements and Process
- All nominators must be members of Literacy Action Network.
- Nominees do not have to be members of Literacy Action Network.
- Individuals may submit as many entries as desired.
- All nominations must be submitted electronically with the official nomination form.
- Each nomination may include up to three attachments to support the nomination (i.e. newspaper articles, other awards, etc.).
- Selections are made by an Awards Committee of Literacy Action Network directed by the Professional Engagement committee; all decisions are final.
- Literacy Action Network reserves the right to limit the number and categories of awards each year; award categories may change from year to year.