The Legislative Committee focuses on developing and implementing public policy beneficial to ABE. Working with a professional lobbyist, the Committee develops a state legislative agenda each year, and provides support for adoption by the legislature. The Committee also tracks proposed state and federal legislation and policy, advocating when needed to ensure the interests of ABE in serving learners are protected.
Literacy Action Network membership supports continued statewide delivery system of services through the Minnesota Department of Education that focuses on learner needs and program results. The legislative work of Literacy Action Network is a key factor in effective statewide advocacy on ABE issues.
In response to the COVID 19 pandemic, Literacy Action Network has updated its legislative agenda. Follow this link for a pdf of the updated agenda.
Please contact your state and house legislators and ask them to support economic recovery by giving us funding and flexibility during this challenging time. Use this link to find your legislators.
MN Legislative Information
- Information Summaries
- 2021 Literacy Action Network Legislative Platform
- Minnesota State Legislature: Comprehensive website for Senate, House, and Bills.
- Minnesota Senate: Legislation, Member Information, Committees, and Meetings.
- Minnesota House of Representatives: Legislation, Member Information, Committees, and Meetings.
- District Finder: Type in your zip code and address to retrieve a list of your representatives' contact information.
- 2017 Legislative Toolkit (PDF)
Legislative Interim Committe Chair: Karen Wolters