If you are able to join us, please fill out this form, and our committee will make every effort to set up a meeting with your legislator(s) on March 9!
Literacy Action Network membership supports continued statewide delivery system of services through the Minnesota Department of Education that focuses on learner needs and program results. The legislative work of Literacy Action Network is a key factor in effective statewide advocacy on ABE issues.
The Legislative Committee meets at Noon the second Monday of each month at the MN Literacy Council in St. Paul, except July and August. Attendance via conference call-in option available!
MN Legislative Information
- Information Summaries
- 2020 Literacy Action Network Legislative Platform
- Minnesota State Legislature: Comprehensive website for Senate, House, and Bills.
- Minnesota Senate: Legislation, Member Information, Committees, and Meetings.
- Minnesota House of Representatives: Legislation, Member Information, Committees, and Meetings.
- District Finder: Type in your zip code and address to retrieve a list of your representatives' contact information.
- 2017 Legislative Toolkit (PDF)
Legislative Committe Chair: Margo Hernandez Rainwater