2021 Virtual ABE Summer Institute - Presenters
Click HERE to access the call for presentation proposal. Proposals are due May 31st, 2021, and you will be notified if your proposal has been accepted or not by June 18th, 2021.
Poster Sessions - click HERE for more information!
Training will be offered on presenting virtually, and practice sessions will be made available prior to the conference
All sessions will be 45 minutes in length
Sessions will be presented using the Zoom platform with tech support and a room host
Sessions will be recorded
Available tools will be break-out rooms, chat, white board, interactive polling, tech support, room host
- Online Meetings: Best Practices – This short guide provides a framework for conducting effective online meetings and presentations, including considerations for before, during, and after the meeting; tools for planning and hosting; tech tips for screen sharing; and a Zoom tech troubleshooting tool.
Screen Sharing Guide (for Zoom) – Recommendations and troubleshooting for sharing your screen, projecting presentation slides, and navigating Zoom while presenting.
- The ABE Presenter Handbook is full of helpful tips for planning and delivering your presentation. It’s a great starting place for both new and experienced presenters.
- The interactive Presenter Mini-Tutorial only takes about 10 minutes and is a fun way to jumpstart your planning.
- How to put together a Poster Session
- Universal Design for Presenting Tip Sheet
- Guidelines for finding images – Are you certain the images in your PowerPoint are not subject to copyright? Hint: Doing a Google search is NOT the way to find usable images! These guidelines will help you determine which images are usable and where you can find them.