Literacy Action Network and the Minnesota Community Education Association are now seeking presentation proposals for the 2018 ABE State Summer Institute, which will be held August 15-17 at the St. Cloud Civic Center, St. Cloud, MN. We hope that new and experienced ABE staff will consider sharing their ideas and expertise with their colleagues at this regional conference.
Presentation proposals will be blind reviewed, scored, and selected using a scoring rubric. With a blind review process, reviewers must rely on the quality of the proposal and the level of detail provided. Please note that your presentation proposal should be as clear as possible. Presenters are strongly encouraged to review the scoring criteria as they are preparing their proposals.
Proposals are due April 2, 2018. Presenters will be notified by May 18, 2018 whether their proposal(s) has/have been accepted.
We have lots of options for presenters:
- 90 minute concurrent session (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- 45 minute concurrent session (Thursday 11:15-12:00 and Friday 11:00-11:45 a.m.)
- Poster session (application information and links will be available in April)
We are looking for proposals that address all types of Adult Basic Education instruction:
- Accountability & Assessment
- Adult Secondary Credential (Adult Diploma or GED)
- Distance Learning
- Diversity & Equity
- English Second Language
- Program Management & Coordination
- Reading & Writing
- Standards Based Programming (ACES, NorthStar Digital Literacy, CCRS)
- Transition to Post-Secondary
- Online Proposal Submission Form
- Proposal Worksheet
- Proposal Scoring Rubric
- The ABE Presenter Handbook is full of helpful tips for planning and delivering your presentation. It’s a great starting place for both new and experienced presenters.
- The interactive Presenter Mini-Tutorial only takes about 10 minutes and is a fun way to jumpstart your planning.
- How to put together a Poster Session