Submitting Promising Practices
The Literacy Action Network Professional Issues Committee has developed a vehicle for sharing promising practices in the ABE field. To submit your promising practice:
- Download the Promising Practices template.
- Complete the template.
- Save the completed form with the Promising Practice title as the document name.
- Send your submission electronically to Literacy Action Network, attaching your completed form along with any supplemental materials.
The Professional Issues Committee reviews all submissions. If your promising practice is published on the Literacy Action Network web site, you will earn 3 CEUs each calendar year, and be recognized in an e-mail to your supervisor and other ABE professionals.
Classroom Instruction: Digital Literacy Skills
- Food list table (attachment)
- Food list with with clip art (attachment)
- Food list with Google images (attachment
- Google doc example of food group totals (attachment)
Materials for multiple instructional areas
- Peer Editing Activity
- Partner Practice
- Using Proportions to Solve Percent Problems
- Workplace Simulations
- Collaborative Curriculum Development
Classroom Instruction - Adult Diploma
- Student Interview Project (attachments below)
Classroom Instruction - ESL
Classroom Instruction - Family Literacy
Intake & Orientation