Welcome to ABE!
Schoology is a tool we are using to help ease the isolation that can come with our settings and provide a place for growth on issues, concerns and curriculum that are unique in ABE settings. It is a place to “meet” education professionals just like you, seek advice, share resources and voice your concerns.
For the Teacher:
It may be hard to find a starting point for our students. They have such unique and differentiated needs that we don’t always have a place to start. We can also become so used to the Same Old Way, that we may forget or not have time to look at new and improved methods.
As ABE practitioners, there is no harm in asking for advice or sharing what we have on hand to help others in our field grow!
- Are you new to ABE and are not sure of what’s available?
- Have a New-to-You situation with a student arise and not quite sure how to go about handling it?
- Trying to navigate implementation of state content standards: CCRS, ACES/TIF, and Northstar?
For the administrator/Support Staff:
ABE practitioners have unique challenges that have become ever more complicated as our field evolves to include an emphasis on standards, career pathways, technology, student persistence, and more.
- It may be hard to find a starting point for working with partners and/or stakeholders or leading your ABE staff. If this is new for you, check out the resources to help you get started.
- Are you responsible for supporting the program administrator, teaching staff, or students? Check out our Advocacy, Outreach and student recruitment folders.
Join Us on Schoology!
- Set up a free account at schoology.com
- Locate the ‘Groups’ dropdown
- Click ‘Join’
- Input this code 5VJ45-WZV9Q
- Click ‘Join’ to complete